Sensory Strategies to Build Resilience
Professional development workshop exploring neuro-nurturing to understand how sensory systems impact development.
Participants will learn strategies to facilitate sensory play and build resilience in the early years
Current research in neuroscience and on the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences has given more knowledge and information about how and what we experience in the early years has life time impact. Sensory Play enables children to regulate their emotions, building resilience so they can not only cope with life’s adversities, but thrive.
Who is it for?
Anyone who has an interest in supporting children in the early years to thrive may attend.
Education, Health and Social Care professionals who work with children in the early years including…
- Early Years Specialists and Practitioners
- Preschool Leaders
- Nursery/ Foundation Stage Teachers
- Day Care Managers/ Owners
- Lecturers and Students
- Private sector Owners/ Management
- Voluntary Sector Directors/ Management
- Social Workers
- Health Visitors
- SEN Teachers
- The Triune Brain
- How the body, brain and mind interact (BiolPsychoSocial Model)
- How children develop
- Impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s) and Trauma on development
- Attachment and other protective factors
- Sensory Systems
- Sensory Strategies to support regulation
- Integrating sensory play in practice
What is included?
- 4 hour presentation and interactive workshop
- Resource pack with handouts (can be emailed on request)
- Complimentary sensory gift
- Refreshments (tea/coffee and cake)
- Stunning venue with gardens and craft/ gift room to enjoy during your break
- Sensory resources to explore
- Opportunity to order sensory resources if desired (card payment/ invoice available)
- Networking opportunity
What will happen?
- Presentation 10am
- Refreshments served 11.15am
- Workshop and Presentation 11.30 – 12.45
- Lunch, Resources and Networking 12.45 – 1.45
- Presentation and close 1.45 – 3pm
Cost of investment
Numbers are restricted to 20 this ensures participants comfort and pleasure during the high quality presentation and enjoy the stunning venue
Normal price will be £50
INvoice option available
Where is it?
Turnip House Tea and Craft Rooms,
64 Dromara Road, Castlewellan, BT31 9UF
Nestled between Castlewellan and Banbridge – within easy access to the A1 and Belfast.
Check out the venue website for more details about this stunning rural location overlooking the Mournes.